Au fil de lart en musique is a musical companion to the stunning international collection at the Montreal Museum of Fine Art in the new Michal and Renata Hornstein Pavilion for Peace.
AU FIL DE LART EN MUSIQUE
A musical selection inspired by the Montreal Museum
of Fine Arts collection of international art
Various ATMA Classique Artists
The 16 pieces selected for this recording were inspired by the Museums 800 works, which include landscapes, sacred scenes, portraits, genre scenes, and still life. The music spans several centuries — from a motet by the late medieval composer John Dunstable to Astor Piazzollas tango, Loving. Music by Gabrieli, Praetorius, Schütz, Chopin, Wagner, Debussy, Weill, and Rota, among others, were chosen to correspond to a specific era, region, or artistic movement reflected in the Museums collection.
Our musical survey inspired by centuries of fine art features performances by such world-renowned artists as Diane Dufresne, Yannick Nézet-Séguin, Daniel Taylor, and Janina Fialkowska, as well as orchestras and ensembles including Orchestre Métropolitain and Orchestre symphonique de Québec, Studio de musique ancienne de Montréal, and Les Voix baroques.
This is ATMA Classiques second collaboration with the Montreal Museum of Fine Art.
1. Motet Quam pulchra es for 3 voices John Dunstable (ca.1390-1453)|
2. Motet Hodie Christus natus est à 10 voix Giovanni Gabrieli (1557-1612)
3. Quatre branles et deux gavottes Michael Praetorius (1571-1621)
4. Quagliotta Canzone Bellerofonte Castaldi (1580-1649)
5. Erbarm dich mein, o Herre Gott, SWW 447 Heinrich Schütz (1585-1672)
6. Ciaccona Jean-Daniel Braun (bef.1728-ca.1740)
7. La de Guyon in E major Jacques Duphly (1715-1789)
8. Polonaise Hyacinthe Jadin (1776-1800)
9. Mazurka in E minor Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
10. Träume WWV 91b Richard Wagner (1813-1883)
11. Clair de lune Claude Debussy (1862-1918)
12. La fiancée du pirate Kurt Weill (1900-1950)
13. Loving Astor Piazzolla (1921-1992)
14. Il circo Nino Rota (1911-1979)
15. Ataca tempo vivo -Arauco Javíer Farías (b. 1973)
16. Silhouette n° 2 Daniel Göritz (b. 1965)
ATMA Classique is distributed in Australia by Rockian Trading
PO Box 44, Briar Hill, Vic, 3088, Australia
Telephone +61 (0)3 9432 4149 ~ Facsimile +61 (0)3 9444 6879